What is Conveyancing?
Conveyancing describes the ownership transfer process of real property (that is, land). If you are selling a property, the law requires you to prepare and disclose a suite of matters and documents before you can proceed with a sale. If you are buying a property, you need to prepare the transfer papers and thoroughly check what you are buying; the last thing you want is a surprise. Conveyancing is replete with dangers - not the least of which is compliance with the many laws that affect a transfer of real property.
Why Choose Hammersmith?
It's What We Do
Hammersmith Lawyers specialises in conveyancing. We pride ourselves in our values: quality in what we do, the best value in the profession and the highest level of service for our clients. Hammersmith Lawyers does it all for you without hassle and without headache. You can trust Hammersmith Lawyers to handle this important and complicated process.
A Great Value Fixed Price
Our fees in acting for you in a conveyancing transaction are fixed. Our fees are much lower than other lawyers might charge you for conveyancing - so you know you are getting great value as well as great service, from a lawyer.
Satisfaction Guaranteed - No Money Now
Best of all you can rely on our satisfaction guarantee; if at the conclusion of your matter you are not completely happy with our services then you do not pay ... it's that simple. Also, for your peace-of-mind our firm does not require money in advance - just instruct us to act and we will commence immediately.
The Conveyancing Process
- We prepare and review the Section 32 Vendor's Statement disclosure documents and a contract for you. This includes documents from government authorities, your local council, the roads authority and any other documents that might be required as we search your title.
- As the property is ready for sale, we deal with enquiries from your potential purchasers and/or their representatives.
- When the property is sold, we arrange a discharge of your mortgage, we prepare and/or settle the transfer document and State Revenue Office declaration/s with you.
- In liaison with the purchaser's representative and you, we agree the adjusted purchase price shortly before settlement.
- We attend settlement for you and, if you require, we will bank any proceeds for you.
- Lastly, we notify all relevant authorities of your property disposition.
- Before signing anything, you should have us review the contract for sale and Section 32 Vendor's Statement. For your peace of mind, we do not charge for this service.
- Once you have bought, we prepare the transfer documents, Nomination declaration/s, Principal Place of Residence declaration/s and/or First Home Owner's Grant declaration/s with you.
- We liaise with your mortgagee in relation to the purchase.
- If possible, we requisition the quality of the title and other information.
- In liaison with the vendor's representative and you, we agree the adjusted purchase price shortly before settlement.
- We attend settlement for you; and if required attend to stamping and lodgement of your documents.
- Lastly, we notify all relevant authorities of your property acquisition.
Providing professional conveyancing and legal services.